OK, the headline is kind of misleading. Actually this is a minimal tool to edit the content of a VistaDB database.
Since the regular VistaDB Data Builder is only available for developers that purchase a license, but my web design co-workers need something to edit data inside an existing VDB5 or VDB4 database, I quickly assembled a very small .NET 4.0/2.0 WinForms application:
- Download VistaDB 6 Data Editor executable binary
- Download VistaDB 5 Data Editor executable binary
- Download VistaDB 4 Data Editor executable binary
The application is as minimalistic as can be:
- Only editing existing table content (new, edit, delete rows)
- One main window with a list of tables and their content
- SQL direct window for entering SQL queries and executing them to the grid with F5
- Double click or right click for editing
- One detail window to edit
The main window:
The details window:
If you do like the tool, just download and run it! I’m happy about any feedback from you.